Sunday 31 July 2016

Vintage Wedding Card

Hello lovely peeps,

I've been busy creating a very special wedding card for a friend. She commissioned it asking for something vintage and that's just my thing. I recently purchased the Roll up Flower die by Sara Davies, from her English Country Garden collection. As soon as I saw it on Hochanda, I knew I had to have it, it would be perfect for so many projects as well as this wedding card.  I love it and after making this my mind has gone in to overdrive with ideas for more projects! There is no hope for me..lol


I've also used the Handwritten Script stamp from the same range by Sara. It was stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa as it was more suitable for the theme and the chosen colours. The foliage was created with Tonic Regal Fern, Sheena's Ivy die and the Briar rose die and I decided it would be nice to hang a key and heart lock from the vines. These were cut out with gold pearlized card and extra shimmer was added with gold gilding wax, this was also rubbed across the die cut lace edge. Butterflies were carefully cut out to make use of the design on the paper, so it seemed to be shaped to them. (It's all about the small details.) The paper is from my Trimcraft winnings, from the other week, I thought it was perfect for this project, as is the pearl brad in the middle of the bow. After building all the layers, as a finishing touch, I used Platinum Stickles on the edges of the wedding sentiments. 


I've really enjoyed making this card and I hope the happy couple love it and I wish them all the very best for a wonderful day and new life together. 


What I used:

From Crafter's Companion

Sara Davies Handwritten Script Stamp from English Country Garden Collection
Roll up flower
Heart dies (from the Gemini machine)

Ivy die by Sheena Douglass
Briar Rose Die by Sheena Douglass

Trimcraft First Edition Mulberry kisses paper pad.
Wedding sentiments from Dovecraft (Trimcraft)
Dovecraft butterfly die
Pearl brads.

Heart lock - X-cut dies

Key - Vintasia die

Lace edge - Joanna Sheen.

Gold Gilding Wax
Pearls and gems
Platinum Stickles.

Adele
x






5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited by this card I posted my comment twice 😁😁😁

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful easel cards. I love the detail. It's nice to see colour being used on a wedding card as most tend to be in a limited range. I still haven't got a Tonic Regal Fern die ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm big on detail ;) Yes, it's nice to have some colour and get away from mainly white. It's a must purchase that die! x

      Delete