Saturday 2 July 2016

Pretty Floral Frame card with Crafter's Companion

Hello lovely peeps,

Today I thought I would share with you a card I made with Crafter's Companion dies and stamps.

An 8" card was trimmed to 7.5", so it would allow more room in an envelope after layering up.
I took a fancy corner die and attached the different elements to create a frame. The joints were hidden by a flower or a flourish, so no one would know if you did not tell them. The flowers were cut out in pink pearlized card, the tag die was stamped with a Morgan Fitzsimons stamp (part of the fairy collection.)

A purple square panel was created with Distress Inks as a base for the frame. I then began to add the floral spray. I chose an ornate rich purple paper for the background, layered upon a gold shimming paper. I was thinking of the rich colours and designs you might see at Downton Abbey when I made this. Purple and gold always look so luxurious together.

It was finished by adding gems to the centre of the flowers and pearls to the tag.


I really enjoyed making this card and hope you like it too. :)


Adele
x

No comments:

Post a Comment