Sunday 3 July 2016

Pretty Wedding card

Hello everyone,

Thought I would share with you a wedding card I made for a special couple a few months ago. Sadly I could not make their special day but I wanted them to have a very special card to mark the occasion.

Again, I turned to my Spellbinders Cascading die frame, combining it with Sara Davies heart dies, as well as other dies and a Sheena Douglass butterfly stamp. I wanted to make something really pretty and a bit vintage for them. Butterflies are always good on a wedding card I think, as they symbolise transformation and what is more beautiful than two people finding love and it changing their lives in a wonderful way. (I'm an old romantic really, can you tell?)

Pastel pinks and smokey blues were chosen with a hint of copper, provided by embossing powder. This background paper is really pretty, I came across it quite by luck and bought a few sheets, it's a delicate print that worked well for this project. I was inspired by a quote I came across (at the time) which said something about finding someone who knows the song in your heart.. (but I can't remember it now, or can find it again, so I do apologise) Anyhew... that's why I thought it would be nice to cut out the hearts in musical card and it fitted in well with the vintage theme.  There are other symbols in here.. can you spot them and guess the reason why?

It's lovely to make something extra special for someone that you know, it's my favourite part of crafting. You are not just giving them a card, you are also giving them a piece of your heart as it contains all the love you have for them and shows them how much you care...



Adele
x

No comments:

Post a Comment