Tuesday 19 July 2016

A Fairy Merry Christmas with Lavinia Stamps and exciting Sheena news!

Hello crafty peeps!

I hope you are all well. I am still feeling the Christmas vibe so I thought I would share this Fairy card I made last year. I taught this as a class alongside the vintage blue angel Christmas card I posted about previously.

I love Lavinia stamps and this is not really a Christmas stamp but it lent itself to that very well. It's called Fairy House.

The image was stamped on to a panel of white card and the edges were then roughed up with a distressing tool. The sky was created with Colour Cloud ink, not too heavy on colour as I wanted just a hint so it would look like a snow filled sky. The houses were coloured with alcohol pens, a gold pen and red Cosmic Shimmer iridescent paint. Green spots were added by Liquid Pearls. I extended the line underneath the mushrooms with a black liner pen and then applied silver Inca Gold to this section and around the edge of the whole panel. The same way you would use Gilding Wax. This added shine and also made it look like a blizzard was moving in, all very Chrismassy!

Twine was wrapped around the bottom part and attached behind. Tiny little bells, available from Marianne Designs, were added, I love these!  Just like little fairy bells!

It was then mounted on the red glitter card and on to the spotty background,  The snowflake die was from a Sue Wilson collection and the Lavinia sentiment went nicely in the bottom corner. For the finishing touches I then glittered the ground and applied spots of Stickles to suggest snow falling. We all had fun making this card. :)


In other news....

Exciting things are afoot in the world of Sheena! A brilliant idea has been hatched and is now starting to take form. In the following months the Sheena teamies will be blogging about fabulous Sheena projects! We will be offering you inspiration, showing you how you can combine the collections together. They can mix and match so easily (it's as if it was all planned isn't it? ;) )  So amazing things are coming up folks, watch this space!  Every Monday and Thursday a team member will be sharing a project, prepare yourself for many wonderful things! It's very exciting!

Donna has started us off with this gorgeous card. I absolutely love this and it is a perfect example of how all the stamps can work so well together.  The possibilities are endless!


You can see more about this project here...

So many things to plan for now... so anything could happen! You have been warned ..lol.

Adele
x






2 comments:

  1. beautiful Christmas card Adele! i love Lavinia stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Me too. I have more projects to share with them in the future. xx

      Delete