Wednesday 27 July 2016

The Language of Flowers cards with Stampendous

Hello everyone,

I hope you are well and have been making the most of the sunshine. It's been a busy week making lots of lovely things, which I can show you in the future. :)

Today, I thought I would share with you some cards I previously taught as a class. I've always loved the Language of Flowers and it inspired me whilst designing these cards.

They were created using Stampendous stamps, Butterfly charms and Frantage flowers, a nice vintage selection. I love Violets, there are some growing in a pot outside. They symbolise love and affection so are a lovely flower to send to someone to let them know how much you care.  We used alcohol pens to colour the blooms and the butterflies were painted with Distress Inks used as watercolour. A aged background paper was also created with Tea Dye Distess Ink and alcohol pens. You can see how this is done on a previous post here. It's a great way to give an aged or burnt look to paper.

http://craftitreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/beautiful-sunflowers-card-tutorial-with.html

The butterflies were randomly stamped on the background and the ribbon wrapped around the middle before adding the layers. I chose a pale lilac vintage script paper to compliment the design as it seemed to fit in well with the theme.


For the second card I wanted to create something reminiscent of Victorian wallpaper and their love of nature. Again, I created an aged background and randomly stamped the flowers and butterflies. They were painted with Distress Inks. The rosette was cut out and layered using Tonic dies, as well as the strip, which a ribbon was threaded through. 


I hope you have enjoyed seeing these projects. :)  These are what I used to create them. 


Stampendous Perfectly Clear Butterfly Charms and  Frantage Flowers.

Tonic Thinking of you die set 191e


Back with more projects soon.
T.T.F.N

Adele
x





2 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas I just love flower's and butterflies. Also love purple. Will pop by again for further inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you liked them. :) I love butterflies and flowers too and purple!

      Delete