Friday 15 July 2016

Honoured to be Joining Team Sheena

Hello peeps,

As you may know a few weeks ago Sheena Douglass put a call out for new members to join her amazing team. I've loved Sheena and everything she does for a long time now. It was such a great opportunity, so I felt I had to enter. There were so many wonderful entries and it was fantastic to see what all the talented ladies came up with. Sometimes you have a dream and never believe it may become a reality and in all honesty, it had been a secret wish for me to be able to make things for Sheena and now it has come true!

I am so incredibly honoured to be invited to join her fantastic team, especially when all the creations were so beautiful and clever. To be chosen in the shortlist was exciting and then to go on to be picked as part of her new team members is beyond anything I can put in to words easily.  I have been completely overwhelmed by all the lovely comments and words of support I have received. It really means so very much to me.

This is the canvas I entered for round two of the call out and I thought I would share it with you. I created it using The Briar rose dies and stamps, the pansy stamp and a butterfly stamp. The background was sponged with blue and silver paint to add texture. This was inspired by my hanging baskets and the strange weather we have been experiencing lately, sunshine and showers. I used Glossy Accents to make raindrops on some of the petals and leaves and they were coloured using AquaBlend pencils.


After having an amazing few weeks, which started by winning a competition and has ended with becoming a design team member, I have felt like I am in a bubble (at least for the first few days), I wanted to ask someone to pinch me, but no it is real, I think my brain has processed it now..lol.. although it took a while.. Family and friends have told me that I should buy a lottery ticket but I do feel like I have already won that to some degree (although maybe I should! I need more money for crafty supplies! lol... A crafter's shopping list never ends. ;) )

So a huge thank you to Sheena and Donna for inviting me to join the rest of the team. I am so looking forward to working with these fabulous creative ladies and producing work with all the wonderful future stamp and die collections. I can't wait to see what comes next but I know it will be marvellous, anything by Sheena always is. :)

Adele
x

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and congratulations Sheena's stamps are amazing at times have quite a few myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I love her stamps and dies.

      Delete