Wednesday 29 June 2016

Day of the Dead card with Sheena Douglass

Hello everyone,

Well I don't know where the sun has gone in the last few days but at least I don't need to water my hanging baskets and flower pots at the moment...on the plus side..

It may be gloomy outside but I thought I would make a bright and cheery card.  Sheena Douglass recently announced she is looking for Design Team members and as I love her and all she does I just had to apply. It's such a wonderful opportunity, so I have made this card as one of my entries. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Please wish me luck!

As soon as I saw Sheena first demonstrate the Day of the Dead collection on Hochanda I thought oooh I need those! They are perfect for making cards for my Goth/Steampunk friends and they are so different to anything else out there.

I also, quite serendipitously, came across some glass cabochons with a skull image. Sold!! I knew they would be perfect with these stamps. I love it when a plan comes together :) The colours were picked out from this. 

The card base was covered in black card which I then gold embossed with Sheena's Anemone stamp, I also used this to create the 3D flowers. The leaves came from the Wild Rose Briar die set as did the black flower centres (to compliment the background.)  Distress Inks were used to make the purple, speckled square panel which was edged with gold embossing too.  Again, I turned to my AquaBlend pencils to colour this image and the flowers. It was finished by adding the Amor Eterno sentiment. 

I am currently sighing over the beauty of the new Downton Abbey dies by Crafter's Companion on Hochanda as I type...I think it is impossible to save money as a crafter! lol... 
(starts to make a wish list and hopes for lottery win! )
Note to self... remember to buy ticket!  It helps..

I hope this card has cheered up a grey and dismal day for you. Back soon with more crafty makes..

Adele
x



No comments:

Post a Comment