Saturday 4 June 2016

Magical Fairy Box

Hello lovely crafty peeps,

I hope you are all well. I'm a bit out of sorts at the moment with a chest infection so haven't done any crafting this last week or so. I am hoping to feel better soon as I hate being ill and now my head is over flowing with crafty ideas!

I have been planning to share this with you for awhile, this is a decorated fairy box made a couple of months ago.  Again, this was something I had in my mind weeks before I actually made it. Sometimes you have to store ideas away....

It began with painting the box with Docrafts paint, a shade which I mixed.  To add texture, colour and shimmer, metallic paint was sponged on to the surface of the lid and around the sides. Two circles were cut out with Tonic scalloped circle layering dies. One larger in black and then a slightly smaller one in dark blue card. This was then sprayed with metallic inks as I wanted a magical background.


I used a set of silhouette stamps which included a fairy, a wildflower meadow and a sentiment. Versa mark was used to stamp the fairy and grasses so I could emboss these with black powder. I used Silver glitter embossing powder for the magic sparkles and the sentiment at the front of the box. 



Flowers and butterflies were cut out with Spellbinders Marisa's Bouquet and the flourishes were provided by Tonic Regal Fern. These were then painted and layered, shades of purple blue and green were mixed. 

The fairy had been stamped on a smaller die cut circle which I sponged silver shimmering paint on to, this was then layered on top of the others to the side. (I decided the coloured background would be too busy and distract from her, even though it was pretty and a bit of a shame to cover it.)  The stars from her wand were stamped across the circles and then embossed with silver glitter powder. The flowers and foliage were arranged and once I was happy it was balanced they were glued in place and gems added. Stickles 'Enchanted' was added to her wings to create a blue sparkle. It was finished with a varnish over the top to protect it. 



Lots more ideas for these stamps and fairy creations are floating around in my head, so this probably won't be the last you see of these. :)

Crafy items used:

Spellbinders Marisa's Bouquet dies
Tonic scalloped circle layering dies
Tonic Regal Fern die set
Docraft acrylic paints
Docrafts Varnish
Wow Silver glitter embossing powder
Wow black embossing powder
Silver pen (for details on butterflies)
Sparkly gems
Fairy silhouette stamps
Enchanted Stickles
Metallic spray inks

Adele
x

















No comments:

Post a Comment