Sunday 26 June 2016

Guess How Much I Love You card

Hello lovely peeps,

I hope you are all well. Sorry I haven't been on for a few days, I've been a bit busy, this also includes crafting of course! I'll show you what else I have been making in other posts... I've also started a crafting journal so I don't forget any ideas (as I have so many ;) ) So I have also been doodling away with thoughts for future projects.

Today, I thought I would share this card with you. These stamps came free with a recent magazine (Papercraft Inspirations) and as soon as I saw them I had an idea.  They reminded me of that very famous children's book by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram called 'Guess How Much I Love You.' I know in the book the characters are hares and these are rabbits but these stamps instantly made me think of the story.

I decided in tribute to the book, to make this card into a mini version, so each picture told a story with a reveal at the end. I die cut three square panels for the artwork and then created a crease down the left hand side that would work as the spine. Matts and layers built the card base, kraft card was good for this being brown, it complimented the theme.


Ribbon was wrapped around the layers as this would tie the book closed.




I then began to add the pages of the book and all you need to do to read the story is undo the bow....Guess how Much I Love You...

And the big reveal of how much Love there is, is on the last page...


As you can see I then added die cut ferns and grass (icicle die from Crafter's Companion) and flowers in various sizes. 

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this project as much as I did making it.

More of what I have been up to lately coming up soon.

Adele
x

No comments:

Post a Comment