Tuesday 31 May 2016

Steampunk card with Sheena Douglass stamps

Hello everyone.

I hope you are all well.

Today, I thought I would share with you a birthday card  made recently for a friend. This Sheena stamp has so many possibilities, this lady comes from her Day of the Dead collection. It was then combined with a Graphic 45 sentiment stamp, which I felt was very apt for the design and a set of Kanban Steampunk stamps.


I started by creating a card blank with some lilac pearlized card. A panel of black card was stamped with a flourish and then embossed with silver powder, this was so I had a rich Gothic background paper. The purple paisley paper is from Graphic 45's  Rare Oddities pad. The edge of this was embossed with black powder.

The lady was stamped twice so I could cut her hair out separately and layer it up to give depth. For this design it was better than a flatter image as it would compliment the layering of the hat and the wings. She was coloured with Crafter's Companion AquaBlend pencils. The Steampunk wings were stamped on to a graphite, pearlized, sparkly card and embossed with black powder. Sections of them were then coloured lighter with a silver pen and I glittered over the top of these with a clear Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. I created straps across her shoulders so it looked as if she was wearing the wings rather than them being randomly just stuck on.

The Sentiment was stamped and cut out freehand and then the edges were shaded with Tea Dye Distress Ink. She couldn't not have a small top hat to finish off her look, so this was stamped, cut and coloured. I added small flower dies as decoration.

The most visible wing had foam tape placed underneath to add depth, I then layered her over the top with more foam. 

This will not be the last time I use this stamp. I still have lots of ideas. :)

Adele
x










No comments:

Post a Comment