Monday 16 May 2016

Thank you cards for friends.

I am extremely lucky to have very lovely, caring, thoughtful and supportive friends.  Recently, a group of them surprised me on my birthday, by giving me a donation towards my craft stash.  I was so overwhelmed and touched that I decided to make them all thank you cards, with the items I was able to buy with my funds. I thought they all deserved something special for their kindness.


This card was made with lovely Crafter's Companion dies, (and others) the butterfly is from the Sara Davies Signature Collection and the Classical Edge is from the Downton Abbey dies (I absolutely love this range and hope to expand my collection of them in the future.) I cut out the Downton die in gold Centura Pearl and then backed it on to a paler pearlized yellow paper.  I coloured the butterfly and flowers with alcohol pens and then added glitter to them by using a Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir glitter pen. I also embossed the die cut butterfly with gold powder. I have to say, I think this die is wonderful, it's the most realistic style of butterfly die I have seen and that's why I like it so much. The flourish die is Tonic Regal Fern and the flowers are from Spellbinders. 


The other Downton purchase I made was the Motor Vehicle as I thought it would be nice to have something to make men's cards with, (they can be hard to make things for sometimes, can't they) I received the Downton Elements 2 stamp set as a birthday present so they went perfectly together. I embossed the medal stamp with gold powder and layered the ribbon up, to give it more depth, by stamping it twice. I don't have any gilding wax yet, but hope to invest in the future as I've seen what it can do (and it would give a smoother finish.)  Lacking in this product, I had to improvise and pressed my finger in to a gold Memento pad and then rubbed it across the car die. I think the black with the gold is a wonderful look. I used a Papermania vintage postcard stamp, and added the embossed 'Thank you kindly' words from other stamp set. The lace trim is from Joanna Sheen


I created this card with the Elegant Border from the Downton Collection, again by Crafter's Companion.  The paper and topper was from Magnolia Lane by Ultimate Crafts. I thought the sentiments were lovely.  I glittered the flowers on the paper with a clear Spectrum Noir sparkle pen. The pink speckled paper at the bottom of the card was made by myself with metallic spray inks. Then I added die cut flowers and branches, coloured by alcohol pens.


Again, made with Magnolia Lane papers, I also added my own sprayed paper to this card and a lace trim die by Joanna Sheen. I coloured over the flowers on the paper and the butterfly with the clear sparkle pen, finishing it off  again, with die cut flowers and branches. 


I've been wanting a hot air balloon die for awhile and found this x-cut one for a bargain price!  So I thought, sold to the mad crafting lady! I am going to play about with this more in the future as it has so many possibilities. I also used Colour Cloud Inks and Memento inks to create this. 


I treated myself, with the kind donation, to some Joy nautical/seaside themed stamps. I loved this set with the Octopus and thought it would also be perfect to make cards for my Steampunk friends as their is always talk of watching out for krakens! As an experiment I decided to add hessian  and some real seashells.  I stamped and cut out the tentacles for the Octopus (kraken, for the Steampunks :) ) embossed them with copper powder and used Colour Cloud inks to create the sea.  I thought cutting them out rather than stamping straight on to the scene would add depth and texture. I added bubbles with glossy accents and white pearl effects drops. The edge was embossed with white puff powder, this gave the effect of sea foam and brought it forward out of the card, by adding contrast. The background paper was created by myself, again with spray inks. I then sprinkled, silver, white and turquoise blue embossing powder over the sea panel to add shimmer to the water. It was finished by adding twine and an anchor die, which I gave texture too by applying a mixture of copper, black and green embossing powders, this made it look aged and a bit rusty. I also love this sentiment. 

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these thank you cards. It's always nice to let people know how much you appreciate and think of them by making them a special card.

You can also see more of my cards and crafts on my facebook page


or on pinterest 


Adele
x






No comments:

Post a Comment