Wednesday 18 May 2016

Edwardian Ladies cards with Pion design papers.

Hello everyone,

Today I thought I would just share a quick post with you about vintage ladies cards.

For a few years now, I have had a love of  Victorian and Edwardian photographs, especially those of  Edwardian actresses, such as Lily Elsie and Maud Fealy.

They always look so graceful and elegant in their exquisite gowns. I have seen images of  Miss Lily Elsie used in crafting papers before and more recently, it seems that the Magnolia Lane Papers, (from ultimate crafts)  have been influenced by this photograph too, you only have to look at it to make the connection, I saw it instantly, being familiar with these pictures. Isn't wonderful that years later, these moments in time which captured the beauties of the age, are still being admired? Crafter's are now being inspired by these marvellous historic pictures. Obviously, Lily could never have imagined this, when she posed in her gorgeous dress and headpiece. It's worth looking up Lily Elsie and Maud Fealy, you will see some stunning photos of them. 


There are plans to do more projects with the Magnolia Lane papers but for now, I will share with you some cards I made with papers by Pion Design. These lovely 12"x 12"papers have several images of Edwardian ladies which are just perfect for creating vintage cards.


This  lady was combined with vintage postcard paper, a Spellbinder ivy die, lace with threaded ribbon and pearls. 

Kaisercraft papers were used for the above creation, dies flowers and embellishments. 

I love these background papers which came from Kanban, so pretty and classical. I've torn them in to segments and only used a portion of them, this gives an aged appearance. (Don't be afraid to tear papers). It also lets you use two different designs which complement each other, you can also use up any bits that some would call scrap (that wouldn't be a crafter though would it?), this makes your paper go further and if you can't decide between two use both.  There is no rule anywhere that says you have to use a complete sheet of paper for a background on a card. Go on, be brave, and rip some paper! It's actually quite fun! Various dies were used and the trellis is an edger die from Crafter's Companion. 

You can see more of my Vintage Ladies cards on my facebook and pinterest pages. There you will also find a card I made with a printed photograph (out of copyright)  of the beautiful Miss Fealy.



I hope I have inspired you to take a look at some old photographs and maybe make some vintage cards yourself.

Adele
x









No comments:

Post a Comment