Thursday 4 August 2016

Sheena is back on Hochanda.

Hello crafty peeps!

What an unbelievable few weeks it has been. I think I have finally got used to the amazing news that I am now a Sheena Teamie! I've made my first cards as an official inkoid! It's very exciting, I always find card making a magical process but when you are creating something for Sheena it takes on a special kind of wonder and thrill all of its own.

So, Sheena is back on our screens tomorrow (Friday 5th August) at 10am. 1pm and 6pm... only one more sleep! And if that isn't wonderful enough she is also doing Pebeo mixed media shows too at 11am. 2pm and 5pm. So she will be busy, busy, busy... We may as well rename it Sheena Day! lol

I've had SOooooo much fun playing with this fabulous collection of stamps, A Little Bit Festive. They are from last year but as with all things Sheena, they are timeless.  Now there is added encouragement for using this range as they also work incredibly well with the Pebeo foils.  These are my new love! How did I ever manage without them?  Once you try them, there is no going back and you won't want to anyway! They just beautifully enhance everything.  If you want to create a showstopping card your family and friends will still be talking about long after Christmas, foils are the way to go, and as I always say bling is not just for the festive season.

I wanted something atmospheric for this Noel stamp, so I used Aquatints..sigh.. how I love them too. What also worked really well for this was the Grunge Band stamps to add a halo around the star and to give the impression of a burning light. So don't be a afraid to mix up your sets, you may come up with a new and exciting idea.  That's is the true beauty of Sheena's collections, they work together perfectly.


This card mixes up a few of the stamps from the set, so you can see how well they combine, along with the added holly and poinsettia dies. Again, the Grunge Band stamps were an excellent addition to this design, creating a glow around the candles. You can't really tell from the photos but the candles are decoupaged, I do love a bit of that too. :) 


Ah, "Silver Bells....Silver Bells...it's Christmas time...in the city."  I had the Doris Day song in my head all the time I was designing this card and by the end of it I was feeling very Christmassy. As you can see I carefully stamped the Silver Bells sentiment separate too as I wanted it to remind people of the famous song. (Can you hear Doris?) I decoupaged the bells to create depth and interest and I decided to make a background that would be reminiscent of snow gently falling, whilst festive shopping. 


For this card I thought I would create a graduated background and purple just spoke to me, next to blue and green, it's my other favourite colour. A scroll was made for the Peace wording and it was coloured with Aquablend pencils (also graduated.)  The Grunge band stamps (I might be obsessed with these now lol) also worked well for the Heavenly dove too, especially with added silver foil. The Dove was stamped and cut out so it could be layered.


So.. I've had a wonderful time playing with these, and all the Teamies have made some stunning creations, wait till you see them on the telly!  I can promise you, that there will be many more amazing things coming up in the future! So watch this space, you won't be disappointed! 

Adele
x



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous and even more gorgeous. Your samples are absolutely fabulous xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison for your lovely comments :) xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful samples. Can't wait to see Sheena on Hochanda and seeing your lovely samples on tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. It was very exciting to see them on the tv. I was truly honoured by all the lovely comments and by Sheena choosing the Dove as one of her inspirations. :) All the Teamies made such beautiful cards.

      Delete