Wednesday 24 August 2016

Sheena Perfect Partners Christmas Launch

Hello everyone,

What an exciting weekend it is going to be as Sheena launches her new Christmas collection, Scenic Winter. Are you ready peeps? It has been an absolute honour and privilege to work with these stunning dies and stamps.  This is Hochanda's Weekend WOW... and you will be able to wow your nearest and dearest with cards made from these!  You won't want to miss the shows!  All the Teamies have made such wonderful things and Sheena will be sharing with you her hints, tips and demonstrations.

Friday  26th August 10am, 1pm and 5pm
Saturday 27th     1pm and 5pm
Sunday 28th        11am and 3pm

I love this delightful, cheery little robin and thought he went really well with the church stamp (called Believe) from an older collection. I've used a 3D snow technique I developed awhile ago. I will do a tutorial on how to create this effect after the shows. :) And these dies lend themselves perfectly to diorama cards.




I love snowdrops. I am waiting for mine to come up this year, so looking forward to it, they are so pretty. This was created by decoupaging the flowers and holly as well as shaping the frame outwards like a bay window to add depth.The small holly flourishes either side of the sentiment came from the Victorian Christmas stamps collection.



Ahhh, sigh, the Northern Lights... I dream of seeing them one day... but until then... I shall make my own! These dies are fabulous for creating those festive scenes. I wanted to show that you could take the same imagery and use it in a completely different way. This is the same landscape used in the snowdrop card above, except with dies which I stamped and then layered on to the Aurora Borealis sky which was created with Aquatints. Further texture was added with the snow technique I use. They are so versatile. 


I adore this stag die frame, fell in love with it as soon as I saw it, I love these majestic animals. For this card I was inspired by a visit to Sweden where I saw forests of silver birch trees (one of my favourites ). Silver foil was added to highlight the trees and stag and again I used the 3D snow method on the background.



This collection works perfectly with the recently launched Victorian Christmas stamps. It's as if it was all planned isn't it?  Sheena is very clever like that. :) I decoupaged the roses to add depth.


And finally, I made this little card, to show how you can also design a quick but effective little card with the new range. 




On these cards I have used Aquablend pencils, clear and silver sparkle pens as the colouring mediums. 

I shall be back tomorrow as it is my turn for the Teamie inspirational post. :) 

Adele
x










No comments:

Post a Comment