Thursday 23 July 2020

Baby Blessings with Sheena Douglass

Hello crafty peeps!

It's been awhile I know, so much going on! I hope you are all safe and well. Covid, as we know, has changed so many things for lots of us, and I for one am glad to have a love of crafting. It is good to have something that brings us joy during this unprecedented time, and allows us to spread that happiness with others. We can spread our love by using our crafty talents. 💗Across social media, I have seen some amazing creations, it's truly wonderful what people have been making!

Now, speaking of spreading joy, earlier this year, Sheena released a collection perfect for welcoming that new little bundle to the family, Baby blessings.

These are the samples I made for the launch. For this one I combined the new images with some die cuts and stamps from the previous Through Any Window collection. I wanted it to look like a scrapbook page with photos.


This was a crisp and clean card, which I don't often do, lol. I tend to go for the fancy cards as you may know, but sometimes a simpler works very well. 😊 I brought the sun's rays through the window across the book and lamb, I mixed a little of the gold powder with the yellow ink, to give it a sparkle of holy light. 


I love this beautiful font and decoupaged it on to the scene. I will show you below how I made this card.


To create the heavenly rays, I used Sheena's tape and cut it in to thin strips, by putting a length of it on to a glass mat and cutting it with a craft knife to the same width. This allowed me to ink the background and easily peels off afterwards. 


After it was all decoupaged I added highlights with a white gel pen.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing these makes. 

crafty hugs

Adele
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment