Thursday 23 July 2020

The Spirit of Winter - Define the Line by Sheena Douglass

Hello again,

I'm posting lots of things at once, but so much to catch up on! You might want to make a cup of tea! lol Another great addition to the Define the Line collection came in June with The Spirit of Winter launch, a beautiful set of stamps and dies. Again, I extended my cards for my samples.

So as always, there is a edge cutting die and then extra dies and stamps to help build layers. As the sun rises across this snowy landscape, this little rabbit is just wondering what the day will bring.



I love to mix it up and use the new collections with stamps from previous releases, it's fun to do and helps build scenes, there is no reason not to use them together, this way you get the most out of your stash, the possibilities are endless. 😊 This new robin works perfectly with the older cottages. 



Night has fallen over the village church and the snow is getting deeper. The Christmas Tree is an extra die for decoupage and I love the holly corner dies too. I added glossy accents to the baubles and berries. 



It isn't Christmas without a wreath. I wanted this card to have a cosy warm glow. Again, with this set you get extra dies and stamps for layering your cards.



Brrrrr. it's getting cold out there, Jack Frost is working hard, I used a glossy pen on the web and different types of glitter for texture. I decided to keep him cool like the frost, he sits on top as a separate die cut as do the icy stars. 



Another favourite of Christmas cards, we can't forget snowflakes! I created a inky sponged background and did a little faux bleaching. I initially stamped the snowflake in a pale ink, so I knew where to cut the edge. Afterwards, I then stamped it again and embossed with white.



Crafty tip:

For this card, I used base card, stamped the snowflake, so I knew where to place the die and cut the edge. I then cut and glued two thin strips of card to each point to create strength. A topper of Willow card was then stamped, the edge cut and decorated and added for the finished make. 


I hope you are feeling festive, as crafters know, Christmas is never too far away. 

Love and hugs

Adele
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment