Thursday 23 July 2020

My Kind of Mindfulness with Sheena Douglass

Namaste!

I think we could all do with a little mindfulness, especially now. 💗 It seemed, although not planned that way, appropriate for Sheena to release this collection in April. We all find our own way of coping with the things life throws at us, whether it is meditation, listening to music, dancing or using our artist talents and channelling our energies into making something beautiful.

I really enjoyed making this card, I love listening to music, it can reach us on so many levels and truly lift our spirits. To create this I let the pigment inks run along the card with water. I thought using the primaries and the green would make it striking, I was thinking of how some people, who have synesthesia, see colours when they hear music and it does bring colour to all our lives. The headphones were decoupaged on to the background.


This is a  inky sponged background with black embossing. The third eye sees all! I decoupaged this mandala to give it more impact. 


For this card in pretty pastels, I used white embossing and used the gold powder to decorate the borders. 


I love this little elephant and it works well on a small card. You get some fabulous wording too! 😊


Many could probably agree with this! I don't drink gin myself, (wrong's wrong with her!?😮 I hear you cry! My friends no doubt wonder the same thing! lol - Maybe it's just about finding one I like!)  but I agree with the sentiment.


I hope you are now feeling peaceful and calm.

Love and hugs

Adele
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment