Friday 22 May 2020

Magic Cottage with Sheena Douglass

Hello out there!

Are you ready to feel the magic? Are you ready to believe? I certainly do!!

I had so much fun working on this collection! This one was especially up my street as it's a little bit different!

For one of my creations, I teamed the new stamps with many of the previous releases. I like to do this. Have you noticed? It's a great thing to do, as the collections don't just work in isolation, (even though we may have to at the moment) so have a play and mix them up! 😊

In this diorama, the cottage, raven, fence and sentiment are the new set, whilst the blossom is from the Define the Line, as is the tree, the sun dial and foxglove are from Secret Garden and the wisteria is from Shed loads, but see how well they work together to really set the scene.  With this collection, you can go very dark and spooky, yet there is also the option to go pretty and inviting.


Something magical is brewing and we are getting a glimpse into the future! This was a salt background made with the pigment inks watered down. I was really super happy with the way this turned out! 😃 You never know what it's going to be like but that is part of the beauty. I think this is my favourite salt background ever! I then added the dies on top and decoupaged them. 


As the night has drawn in the candles have been lit and the prince is hoping to be turned back into his human form. If only he could find his true love! Loved painting this frog and I wanted him realistic. I also painted the candelabra as if it had an onyx stem, similar to a candlestick I own myself, as I thought it would complement his Highness. 


Now in a dark, quiet, corner of the cottage this little plant is making it's presence felt! As soon as I saw this Venus flytrap the idea for this card popped into my head! Scary isn't it! 😂 It's element power is coming through! Feed me!! I used the window ledge from a previous collection to make the table. 


She is ready to tell your fortune... I had the Great and Powerful Oz in mind when creating this one... 


Hope you are feeling the magic now!

T.T.F.N

Adele
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment