Tuesday 18 September 2018

Furry companions -Cats & Dogs with Sheena Douglass

Hello crafters and animal lovers!

A few months ago Sheena held a competition for fans, to send in photographs of their much loved pets, that could then be immortalized in vulcanized rubber forever. It was such a lovely thing and it was wonderful to see all the furry friends of our crafty friends. The votes were counted and we found our winners and here they are...

I have a neighbour with a beautiful snowshoe cat called Oscar and this just reminds me of him, so painted it with the appropriate colouring. And, as all cat owners will know, (my cat could stare for Britain at the Olympics!) they always have their beady eye on us! So, I created a background to suggest this and complement the sentiments, they have to keep a watch on us to make sure we are behaving to their liking. This gorgeous cat was an addition to the winners that were chosen.


Our fourth place winner was this very relaxed kitty just taking a break...



This beautiful cat, Tommo, won third place and these humorous sentiments remind us of our place in their world, beneath them. lol  I swear, my cat thinks it's her house and she just allows me to live in it because I provide food and cuddles! 😂


Here is another with the lovely Tommo as a model, for this one I wanted to capture the playful nature of cats with an interactive card. 



Our runner up was this adorable pooch! What a sweetheart! I painted him into a scene and made an aged paper background with paw prints. 


And the winner of the competition was this beautiful West Highland Terrier. How could he not melt your heart? For all of these samples I used Aquatints pens and white gesso for furry highlights.


Also it wouldn't be a collection without Sheena's Willow. 😊


And here is another, combining two images from the collection.


It was wonderful to work with these images and bring to life our furry companions. These are stamps that will me a must for any animal lover.

Craft hugs until next time

Adele
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment