Wednesday 12 September 2018

A Little Bit Sketchy with Sheena Douglass.

Hello again,


Going to take you back in time again for this post...Also back in April, Sheena launched a new set of stamps for her Little Bit Sketchy collection. These brought us landscapes, flowers and insects, so it was back to nature for this release! 

As you can see there are some lovely silhouette stamps too, which are great for fancy backgrounds. For this one I created a sunrise with a dragonfly taking flight. The Aquatint pens work really well with the glycerine technique. 


I had the idea of a dragonfly just landing momentarily, captured in a moment of rest, so made myself a lily pad template. I then painted water droplets and clear embossed them. 


This is a great technique, colour the stamp with the pens and then stamp. You will get different effects depending on how you then treat the image. If you dry it first and then add water to pull the colour out, you will get a sharper line. 


Sweet williams are such pretty flowers! I wanted to keep this a clean and fairly simple card. White patches that stayed clean!! What happened? Not like me at all! Make the most of it! lol  


The blooms were stamped, masked with Pebeo drawing gum and then I added watered down Aquatints to the background, flicked the pens over the surface and also misted it. Once completely dry, I removed the drawing gum and painted the flowers. 


This was created by sponging the ink from the Aquatint pens on to a wet background. I then stamped the dragonflies, faux bleached them, adding different colours back in. I stamped the silhouette thistles and then complemented them with one of Sheena's other thistle stamps. The scene was painted and arranged in the composition. 


I love making salt backrgounds, you never know what you are going to get, but that is the fun of it. 


There are also beautiful sunflowers in this collection, this is a little card made by gold embossing the flower.


I wanted to capture the feeling of a collection of sunflowers growing together, so used the drawing gum to mask for this. 



Sheena's  A Little Bit Sketchy stamps:

Dragonfly
Through the trees,
Beautiful Soul - Sweet william
Overgrown
Sunflower
Wild at Heart

I hope you have enjoyed seeing these makes. 

More coming up soon. 😊

Crafty hugs

Adele
xx










No comments:

Post a Comment