Wednesday 12 September 2018

Aquatint pen launch with Sheena Douglass

Hello crafters!

Sorry it has been so long since I posted but we have been super busy at Sheena HQ with lots of lovely new things! So now I shall play catch up with you all. Do you want to make a cuppa first? lol

April saw the release of the much anticipated Aquatint pens! I had a dream of these and then it eventually came true! These are brush pens, exactly the same format as the sparkle pens, just without the glitter. Some of you may be familiar with the original jars of Aquatints, which are fab and I still have these, and use them myself, but in pen form it is more portable. What is not to love?

For this we were asked to play again with Sheena's sketchy trees and flowers. The team used lots of techniques with these amazing pens, in order to show you what great fun you can have with them.

This is a graduated wash with a bit of faux bleaching and decoupaged bluebells.


The background on this card, was created by sponging on watered down Aquatints, and then leaving it to dry. I then applied a second layer using the same method, this gives you a delicate marble effect. 


I chose a more subtle backdrop for these flowers, the colours were sponged on to a wet background, graduated again, and then I misted the surface. I wanted the flowers to be a contrast and really pop off the surface, some were also decoupaged. 


I do love creating northern lights, so this was like going back to an old friend for me, the very first time I made a card with aurora borealis was with Aquatints. 



Why not also experiment with techniques to see what happens? To make this sample, I added water to the centre of the card and then dropped ink into it and let it swirl and run, choosing the colours to signify the changing seasons. Once dry, I then heat embossed the tree in gold over the top and the sentiments.  



I'm so happy to now have Aquatints pens! With them in your craft stash you simply can't go wrong!

Back soon, T.T.F.N 

Adele
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment