Thursday 11 January 2018

When fabric and stamping collide

Greetings fellow crafters!

So, where did I get too? Or yes, that was it , 😊 back in November our Sheena teamed up with Liz Curtis to bring us some stamps that would also look fabulous on fabric! What a wonderful combination that turned out to be!

Not having used fabric paints before, I thought what is this newfangled thing? Many in the team were the same, lol,  but I can tell you, we loved to play with something new! They may have created new fabric painting monsters!

These stamps work perfectly on card too, so anyone can use them, but don't be scared try them on fabric!

When I saw this galleon, I simply had to do a diorama with rolling waves to shore. The sentiments were chosen from other Sheena collections.



Beautiful realistic butterflies..


Hummingbirds and Hibiscus which I both adore.


I thought these sentiments went perfectly with this image, it seemed quite Shakespearean, I used the butterfly to symbolise the transient nature of life.


I depicted this as an angelic protective sword.


There are some brilliant funky flowers too, which will go perfect with the 60's collection if you also have that. 


And last but not least, on fabric! Some of the team, also got the chance to sew too! It had been a long time since I'd had my machine out, and it's a bit hard with a cat now, keeping fluff of fabric! lol But it was like an old friend I'd not seen for awhile. 


So folks, don't be afraid to mix it up a bit! Why not try stamping on fabric with the Pebeo paints? You might just find you enjoy it as much as we did,

Crafty hugs
Adele
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment