Monday 13 March 2017

Temptingly Tropical with Sheena Douglass

Hello fellow crafters!

I hope you are all well out there. We've been feeling a warm breeze moving in from the tropics at Sheena HQ. Their was a heatwave in the Hochanda studio! This weekend Sheena launched her stunning new stamp collection, Temptingly Tropical and it works perfectly with her previous Laguna surf stamps.  If you love pretty birds, these are just your thing. The team have loved playing with these and for me it's been heavenly as I do love gorgeous, colourful birds.  So here are my samples I made for the shows. And no surprise it was another sell out again :D We had a feeling people would love them as much as we do!

I was so pleased Sheena drew another hummingbird, I do adore them and still wish to see one in real life, but for now, I will create my own with some help from Sheena. :)

This was an 8" card. I also used the Create Flower stencils from the previous launch to make the leaf background.

This was a container I decorated. 




And now for pretty flamingos...


Amongst the collection is also a lovely kingfisher, well two to be exact, one larger sat on a branch and a smaller one in flight.



I love how Sheena captured this kingfisher hunting. This is such a beautiful image, I did not want to do much with it, just observe the stillness before the plunge. So, I created a background to represent the water splashing up when he dives and left him as the focus. I also decoupaged the wing to add depth.



People seem to have fallen in love with these little cuties! And I can't blame them. Again I kept this simple, so the main focus is on the birds. These lovebirds would be perfect for an engagement, wedding or anniversary card. 


This 6" card was made using a Sara Davies heart die and the Sheena Create a flower small dies, which came free with the recent Crafter's Companion magazine. I wanted to surround them with a heart. 


Ooh and then we have a beautiful peacock feather to play with. The background was made with the Pebeo paints and after also painting the feather with these, I then added coloured foil highlights for extra elegance.  If a peacock isn't a good excuse to use your foils, I don't know what is. :)


And the peacock himself, he likes to show off you know...again with foil accents and a Pebeo paint background. The feather is a Downton Abbey die from Crafter's and the flower Sheena's Create a flower, Sensational centres. 




And finally. I thought this scene was perfect for a calendar project. The image and sentiment lent itself well to this. Here, a tropical finch greets the new day. :)


I hope you have enjoyed this projects. I will be back with how I made these, and I haven't forgotten about the Create a Flower tutorials, bare with... ;) 

T.T.F.N peeps

Crafty hugs
x











No comments:

Post a Comment