Tuesday 7 March 2017

Create a Flower with Sheena Douglass

Hello lovely crafters!

As some of you may already know, Sheena recently launched her Create a Flower dies and stamps. This is an amazing new collection, that allows to you to make 3 different sizes of flowers, both natural and patterned.  They are also accompanied by some fabulous stencils and texture dies and stamps. The flower dies are mixed media, so you are able to cut out a range of paper, card, fabric and much more...Ooh so many things to do with these! :D

So these are the samples I made for the shows...

Cards


The petals are great for more than just flowers. I was able to create this butterfly with them.


In this card above, the petals were die cut with canvas paper and painted with Pebeo paints. I wanted to go a bit shabby and grungy with this one, to show they can be more than just pretty flowers. 



I just couldn't resist making them also look industrial. They would work perfectly with your Time Traveller collection too, by giving them a different look, you get more versatility. And the texture dies can also lean towards this look. 



My final card was this pretty in pink bloom. I created this to grow up and out of the card as if it can be picked. You can make realistic flowers, if that is your thing, but there is nothing stopping you also making them arty and patterned by using the mandala style stamps that come with this collection.

And on to sewing...

You remember I said when I started this blog that I may in the future do some sewing? Well, this was the perfect opportunity. No zips were used in the making of this..phew! Shhhhh, I mentioned the dreaded word didn't I? ( Don't let my best friend hear, let's not mention it again - back away, nothing to see here..lol.) I've made an evening bag before and I thought these dies would lend themselves very well to this. So, as you can see, I multi-cut the petals and layered them up, adding a sensational centre, also cut from the new dies. The middle was then beaded. Some of the petals were also decorated by stamping them with the texture stamps, using Archival ink. 




This is a hand sewn brooch, created with the small petals. It was made with felt and cashmere. Again, I was able to stamp on to the fabric.


A second with cashmere, felt and faux leather.

Mixed Media projects



For this project, I wanted to design something that looked like pewter. I have a great love of the Arts and Crafts movement and these patterned petals reminded me of this, so I felt inspired and it resulted in this decorated box.  It was just black card, Silver Pebeo gilding wax and silver foil highlights.



This was a gold flower created as a bowl also with black card.




With this I hoped to show that you can create different types of flowers. So on top of this little box I made a Water Lilly. This was done by folding the petals back on themselves the other way. 


This was my canvas, using the different sizes and shapes of petals. A mixture of fabrics and papers were used and it was painted with Pebeo paints. 

So these are my projects. I'm sure you will think of many, many more, the possibilities are endless! And it's why I love these dies and stamps, still got lots of ideas myself, so who knows what else will turn up! :)

T.T.F.N

Adele
x





















4 comments:

  1. I love all these, I wish I could come up with such great ideas. You give so much inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosemarie. :) I still look forward to seeing some of your makes :) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely projects. I hope to get back into sewing, used to do loads. The evening bag is 'to die for'. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. I usually make Victorian Steampunk outfits but haven't done much sewing for the last year as card making has taken over. Too many ideas and not enough time! lol :) x

      Delete