Thursday 5 January 2017

Vintage Christmas Angel card with Sheena Douglass

Hello everyone,

The Teamies have been running challenges since September and I offered to undertake the recent one and chose the theme of 'Vintage Christmas'.  Sheena has released so many lovely Christmas stamps and dies that would fit this subject well, so I thought it would give the Ink-ettes a lot of scope to play with.

I love Vintage and always like an angel at Christmas so I created this. I combined a few different things from Sheena's collections to make this as they work so well together, sometimes, even things you wouldn't think of. :)


I started by stamping  the 'Simply Scriptly' stamp in Versa Mark around the edge of a 7 .5" panel of white card. You need to stamp, heat, stamp, heat... to achieve this. Blue and green Aquatints were then sponged on to the surface. They resisted the clear embossed powder, leaving the text white. 


I then flicked liquid Pebeo gilding paste on to the panel with a fine brush and when it was dry applied silver foil. 


A square measuring 6 1/4" was drawn on to white card and then the edges were torn roughly to give texture. Always tear towards yourself, so you get the fancy edge on the top of the paper. Distress Ink was used to colour this. I added Pebeo Mixtion relief glue to the edge of this with my finger. If you go over it again a few seconds later, as it starts to dry, it gives you more texture as it holds your finger prints. I like this as it makes it look more distressed and almost icy like, which is good for festive cards.  Drops of water were also sprinkled over the background - faux bleach technique.


Before adding the foil around the edge though, I took Sheena's Tie Die stencil from her new Groovin' 60's collection as I thought it would make the perfect halo for my angel. I laid it over the background and then took my Versa Mark ink pad and pressed it down over the top. After taking the stencil away, I then applied WOW silver glitter embossing powder. 


The 'Christmas Child' was stamped twice so I could decoupage her holly crown. She was coloured with Aquablend pencils. The 'Divine Inspiration' wings were stamped twice (the same side - need to be facing same direction on this design) with Versa Mark and heated with WOW white puff embossing powder. I love this one as it gives a fluffy appearance, perfect for angel wings! 


The Christmas rose from the same set as the child was stamped several times so I could layer the image and add depth. 


I then went on to stamp the holly, little bird and the sentiments. The card was completed by using a clear sparkle pen on the wings and her dress, Glossy Accents was added to the berries. Finally it was mounted on to a 8" card with a backing of silver glitter card to compliment the rest of the glitter and shimmer. Spots of Stardust Stickles were then randomly applied to the surround of the angel.


Sheena products used:

Simply Scriptly stamp
Christmas Child stamp set
Divine Inspiration
Deck the Halls stamp set

I hope you have enjoyed this project and feel inspired to have a play yourself. :)

Adele
x




No comments:

Post a Comment