Sunday 8 January 2017

Recycle your calendars with a crafty project.

Hello fellow crafters!

So, a new year begins and we are left with last years calendar. They are often too nice to throw away I think, therefore, why not put them to some good and use them in a crafty project!


For this creation, I was able to combine it with Sheena's A Little bit Floral Lilly stamp and some dies by Sara Davies. I love the work of Alphonse Mucha, he is one of my favourite artists. For the backing paper, mounted on to an 8" card, I used the butterfly paper from Sara's English Country Garden pad. I added an embossed layer with a Crafter's Companion folder and then a panel of gold mirror card. The foliage and Lillie's were arranged between the gold card and the Mucha image 'Language des Fleurs' (1900.) I backed the art image on to white card with double sided tape. Then I arranged the flowers and flourishes and attached them to the back of the panel. It was then mounted with 3D glue and the larger flowers were added over the top to finish,  They were coloured with Aquablend pencils and gold foil highlights were added to the petals (spots) and the stamens. The main lillie's were decoupaged.


I hope this has inspired you not to throw your old calendars away just yet! You might be able to do something wonderful with them. :) 


Products used:

Sheena Douglass Lilly stamp set
Embossalicious Regency Damask folder 8"
Sara Davies English Country Garden paper pad ( cream butterflies)
Sara's Leafy Flourish dies - Floral Delight
Sara's Fancy Flourishes dies - Buttefly Lullaby
Sara's Graceful Swirls dies - Together Forever collection

Adele
x


No comments:

Post a Comment