Monday 26 September 2016

40th Anniversary card with Downton Abbey dies.

Hello crafters!

Oooh autumn is definitely here isn't it? I have to say I do love all the colours of the season when the leaves change, the weather not so much, but you can't have everything right? I've just made an autumnal card for a new Sheena challenge project....which I loved... more about that another day.

Today, I thought I would share with you a card I made very recently for a special surprise 40th anniversary. I decided to use my Downton Abbey dies from Crafter's Companion, I adore these and thought it was the perfect opportunity to use them for a memorable occasion such as this.

I used a technique I've only just started playing with, using embossing powder with an embossing folder.  Now I'm thinking, why did I not try this sooner? I may be making up for lost time now! A brayer was used to apply Versa Mark on to the reverse of the printed side of the embossing folder. The surface of the card was then sprinkled with red glitter Wow Powder after it had been through my machine. Then it was trimmed to the edge.


A selection of Downton Abbey dies were cut out, in gold mirror, kraft card and black card, along with the Roll Up Flower die from Sara Davies in red. Gold Gilding Wax was added to enhance the detail on some of them.


And now I have to say a HUGE thank you to my fellow Sheena Teamie Samantha for very kindly cutting out the die cut words and posting them to me. (I was sadly lacking in wording for this celebration! That is something that needs rectifying in the future!) She is a star! :) 


For such a special occasion, I wanted it to be a showstopper of a card, so created it as a diorama. Red Wow embossing powder was added to the Downton lace trim for the edge and I shadowed the black card in front of mirror card for the front lace trim, adding highlights with the gilding wax. It took quite awhile to make but I loved creating this for its recipients. 


I shall be playing more with my Downton dies in the future...so watch this space folks! 

Adele
x




2 comments: