Tuesday 15 August 2017

Mockingbird Hill with Sheena Douglass

Hello crafty peeps!

I hope you are all well out there! Wow, what a busy time it has been at Sheena HQ! Sheena has launched some amazing collections and our chief Inkoid Donna has brought us another fabulous collection of stamps too. πŸ˜„We've had such fun on the team and it's been an honour as always to work on these collections.  So I am now catching up with you. 😊

Firstly...Mockingbird Hill is a stunning collection of dies and stamps recently launched by Sheena. They are perfect partners so match each other exactly just as their name suggests. The team were super excited to work with these. Sheena has captured wonderfully an idyllic village, one most of us would love to live in! Sign me up, I'm moving in now!

The great thing about these, they're not just for Christmas! They have cleverly been designed to use all year round, so providing endless opportunities to play!

So, these are the samples I made for Sheena and the shows.

'Our House' is a beautiful town house. The stamps and dies come with an extension, dog kennel and Christmas trimmings, so all you could possibly need for all the seasons. I combined them with the adornments and landscape dies from the collection to make this diorama card.


If you are not sure about colouring you can always just play with your gilding waxes and foils and still get effective results. Don't throw that old chocolate box away, one day it may come in handy! 


This is one I created in Kraft card, which I thought would have a gingerbread feel about it. Again, not always the need to colour in. See how many different looks you can get with one set? These are so versatile. 😊


And now for cosy cottage! I love this house.. ahhh I want to live there..  For this sample, I wanted to create real depth, the impression of travelling over hill and dale, through snowy landscapes to get home for Christmas. The thinking behind it was, something like this could be brought out every year as part of the decorations and it was lovely when Hayley the presenter said the same. 😊As you can see I combined all the elements across the collection again. 





I also teamed it up with a previous die and stamp of Sheena's, from last years 'Scenic Winter' collection. 


Also, as previously mentioned, not just for Christmas. For this one, I turned up the temperature and brought summer into the mix, again, adding many of Sheena's other dies and stamps from my stash. 


There is a lovely little church in Mockingbird Hill, which would also be good for wedding cards throughout the year too but I used it here in a winter setting. 


Part of the collection is made up of a cute little snowman, a Christmas tree and a lamp post to mention a few things. Loved making this, I wanted to capture the atmosphere of a magical snowy night in the park, just waiting for Santa. 


For this one I tried something different, I like to play and try new things, so I made a bendy card. These are good for creating depth but fold flat to post. 


And finally I thought they would make a nice image on a bauble. 


I hope you have enjoyed seeing these, I loved playing with this collection.😊And I am sure I will continue to do so. I have fallen in love with this place as many of you have also done.

crafty hugs
Adele
xx









4 comments:

  1. your cards are absolutely beautiful!!! you are truly talented, I wish I was. I try so hard. I love making cards but I seem to have a hard time figuring out different ideas. I just purchased the sheena mockinghill collection and I did stamp and color the cosy cottage, it really came out so pretty and I also stamped and colored the images that came with it. now I'm trying to find a way to put it together. id love to do something like you have above. I'm going to look for directions somewhere, I hope I find them. but I really love your cards, so much inspiration, thank you so much.

    sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! I did not see your message until now, so sorry. Thank you for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me. I hope you've had fun with this collection, like I did. :)

      Delete
  2. are there instructions on you tube or pictures of how to make cozy cottage multi depth card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, so sorry for the late reply, only just seen this. I was intending to do a tutorial for these makes, and life took over, you know how it is. I will find my notes and add the details. :)

      Delete