Friday 28 April 2017

Create a Flower Tutorials: Cards

Hello crafters!

I hope you are well out there! So, I am finally updating this page with how I made the Create a Flower cards. I always get there in the end, bare with ;) I haven't got any photos, it must have been when the camera died again..but anyhew... will talk you through it.

DI= Distress Ink
PP - Pebeo paint.


This was created using the wall stencil for the background with Distress Ink. I then sponged the leaf stencil over the top with Pebeo paint.  Petals were also coloured with PP.  When I saw the fancy petals, I thought they would make a lovely butterfly! This was coloured with Colorista pencils. (Only got one set yet, hope to get the rest! I love them, honestly try them.) The centre is from Sheena's butterfly die. I also added the What a Mesh die, used PP paint (black pearl) on it and texture gel and then went over it with gilding wax.



For this one, I cut some black card, stamped one of texture stamps on to it in seemingly random segments and heat embossed with gold.  With the next layer I took some white card, used DI through the Slightly Barbed stencil and then distressed the edges and tore into it, so that the stamped images would peek through. Leaves were sponged over the top with PP. The flower itself was cut with canvas paper, you can buy these canvas pads on the high street. It was coloured with PP and gilding wax was added.  I wanted a bit of a grungy look with this one. Added the "boingers" as Sheena calls them.


I loved making all my cards but this may be my favourite. I wanted it to look really industrial, like it was created with recycled metals and show how this collection would also work with the Time Traveller.  So, I cut out and stamped the petals with Versa Mark on to black card, embossed with silver powder and then I thought...ooh...what will happen if I do this?...so I took out my large chunky silver Pebeo metallic pen and swept it over the petals.  Ooooh I like it!! It makes the embossing even more shiny, shiny!! I then did streaks of the gold Pebeo pen out from the centre of the petals. Don't use your gold directly on top of the silver, as you will contaminate your pen. It is best to squeeze some out on to your glass mat and use an old fine brush, one you are not so bothered about, if you don't have anything to clean it with afterwards. It gives you a nice effect though. 



The background was done by taking the Barking Mad stencil and pushing down a Versa Mark pad over the top through the stencil. Once I removed it, I then sprinkled, gold and copper embossing powder over the top and heated, I wanted a multi shaded metallic appearance.  DI's were then used to colour the background. I took some card and cut the Cool Corrosion die into it. I painted it with black pearl PP again and then sponged gold PP over the top to add more texture and interest. Sensational centres and boingers were added. In fact, I used the large boinger (spiral) to create the centre. It takes a bit of manipulating but you can do it and then glue it to a small circle die cut. I added texture gel around the edge and painted it gold. Don't forget you can also use the negatives from the die cuts to decorate other parts of your project, so don't throw them away! 


With every card I wanted to do something completely different, to show how versatile this range can be and especially for those who may not usually like floral dies and stamps. There is something in this collection suitable for everyone, so you can go from pretty, pretty to grungy and industrial, so much scope! So this was my pretty bloom card. I wanted it to look like it was growing up and out of the card, like it could be picked. So the petals were cut with copier paper. Painted with PP and the glossy transfer gel to give them a shine. On the centres I applied gilding wax and then in the very centre I put some texture gel and when it was dry painted in with gold PP. I added gold foil spots, spanning out from the middle. 

It's been lovely to see that so many people are still playing with this Create a Flower collection, and I'm not surprised as with all of Sheena's designs, the possibilities are endless! That's why we love our Sheena, she's so amazingly clever. :D 

I will be back in the not too distant future with more posts.

crafty hugs you lovely peeps.

Adele
x



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration. This has been one of my all time favourite sets and have done a lot of home decor projects with it. X X

    ReplyDelete