Thursday 24 November 2016

Reindeer in a Winter Wonderland with Sheena Douglass

Hello lovely peeps,

I hope you are all well..I almost forgot, 'tis the season to catch the lurgy!! So, sadly, I've not been feeling great this last couple of weeks...hoping to shift this horrid thing soon...

Anyhew, I am happy to announce that it's my turn to do an inspirational post for Sheena again :)  and seen as how the festive season is upon us I thought I would create and share a Christmassy card.

For this one I have used Sheena's fab Reindeer from her Almost There stamp collection. I adore this as I love these magnificent creatures and am a huge lover of polar bears too. Anyone who knows me, is aware that I am a great animal lover, another reason I admire Sheena's stamps!


Apologies that there are no step by step photos for this but I will talk you through it.  

1.   Firstly, I took the Wishes of the Season stamp set from the recent Scenic Winter launch. The tree scene was then stamped on to a white panel 7.5" square.

2.   I die cut a circle for the moon and applied it to the background with stick and stay. I wanted it peeping from behind the trees. 

3.   I then used Distress Inks and created a night sky with northern lights. Don't worry if you get a slight white halo around the hills, this makes it look like snow is blowing off them. ( I used an egg shaped smoothie, you can get closer with these as they have a point.) Sprinkled it with water droplets (faux bleaching) to give the impression of snow falling.

4.   Then I masked the landscape off with a piece of paper. I flicked Pebeo gilding paste liquid on to the sky part with a fine brush and once it was dry added silver foil.

5.   I Peeled off the die cut moon and then gently wiped some of the remaining blue on the smoothie across the moon so it was not shocking white against the sky. You don't need to add more ink, it has to be a faint hint of colour. 

6.   The Evergreen trees from the Scenic Winter collection were then die cut, coloured (with Aquablend pencils) and layered on to the scene, glued flat, the middle tree just slightly standing away from the moon. Cosmic shimmer white glitter was then added.

7.   I stamped the reindeer on a a 7.5" piece of card. He was cut out as though he was standing on a raised piece of ground, so this would add depth. He was layered up with 3D glue. I then also added white glitter to the landscape and to create snowy drifts applied random streaks of white liquid pearl glue and sprinkled it with white glitter. 

I hope that helps. :)  Thought I would also share this with you, designed with the same stamp set. I created a northern lights sky again with Distress Inks. Ran a clear sparkle pen over the top section in a few wavy lines and then silver foil was used in the same method as explained above to suggest stars. The polar bears were stamped with versa mark and then black embossing powder was applied. The ground was extended by drawing lines with an Versa mark pen and again adding black embossing powder.  I thought this was a simple but effective little card to make. 



So just to recap I have used Sheena's...

A little bit sketchy Almost There stamp set

Scenic Winter Collection
Wishes of the Season stamp set
Evergreen Trees die.

Distress Inks:
Blueprint Sketch
Chipped Sapphire
Twisted Citron
Seedless Preserves (Polar bear card only)

Black embossing powder
white glitter
White liquid pearls
Clear Sparkle pen.

I hope you are feeling inspired! I love the way Sheena's collections combine so perfectly, so now you can see that the Scenic Winter stamps and dies will look great with other ranges too. Have a play. You know you want too! :)

And now it's time to love you and leave you... there is a bottle of cough medicine calling me...yes, I'm here....

T.T.F.N peeps

Adele 
x




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely Stunning. The colours are so beautiful too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita. Glad you like it. Hugs back to you :) xxx

      Delete