Tuesday 8 October 2019

Kitchen Wall Art with Sheena Douglass

Hello again,

I'm binge blogging! lol.. I'm finally able to catch up with you all... and now for vegetables. Being a vegetarian, these are right up my street! Loved playing with this collection. These are really big stamps, so you can create wonderful things to decorate your kitchen. The team made some absolutely stunning projects. I designed my projects as cards which could be framed.

And this one is also good for Halloween..  not long now... I stamped and embossed the pumpkin with gunmetal powder and painted it as if it had just been dug up. I added gold foil highlights.


As well as the tomatoes, which I decoupaged, obviously, I'm not obsessed...😄 there are also some fab splatter stamps, so I thought these would make for a brilliant background border. Glossy Accent drops were added here and there, so they look like they've have just been washed. 


I've always thought chilli's have a strange name considering. I also embossed the chilli's with gunmetal powder, so that I could do the wet into wet technique with the inky background. It creates a great barrier. I then added the sentiment, with first, second and third generation stamping. 


For the garlic I created a wall hanging tag. This is just a large wooden tag. To decorate this, I mixed white gesso with the blue pigment ink, it meant that I could stamp on top of this. Again, stamped the sentiment as above and painted the garlic, with gesso adding colour from the pigments. I love that pinky hue that comes through with garlic. I added silver foil highlights.


There are so many recipes with this collection! What will you cook up? 😊

T.T.F. N

Adele
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment