Tuesday 8 October 2019

Define the Line with Sheena Douglass

Hello crafters!

Well, what can I say? Sheena's collections just get better and better! The team really couldn't wait to play with these beauties! What an stunning release for August this was. So, there are stamps, dies to cut the edges of them, other stamps and smaller dies, so that you can add more decoration to your makes. Sheena also launched some wonderful new sentiments on an A4 sheet, alongside these. There is a mixture of humour and thoughtful wording, everything you need to cover many occasions.

We all fell in love with this lion, it's impossible not to. So, for this one I combined it with the "So proud of you sentiment" as it went perfectly with the imagery and sentiments from the lion collection. The idea behind this came from the contrast of the sun and moon stamps and dies, and the feeling that I wanted to create a card that would be a really positive message to send to someone going through a tough time. You been through it and now things are going to be good.

It's a larger card being 9.5 " x 7.5", so I could really set the scene. I wanted the impression of the vast skies above. It was made by cutting the larger back panel and allowing a seam to attach to the front.

The skies were created by using glycerine with the blending and pigment inks and I thought the sunrise would be a lovely contrast and suggested hope of what is to come. I decoupaged the feathers and beads on to the mane. The front was strengthened by cutting a second piece of ordinary white card, with the lion outline, the seam could then sit in between these two layers. I then added another panel to the back for further strength and counterbalance.



I do love sunflowers! So cheery! And I was so happy to have little bee dies and stamps! I have a soft spot for bees. 💗Again, I strengthened the front and made this card from separate pieces. Several layers of clear embossing powder were added to the bee wings to make them shine. The concept with this new Sheena collection is that the art work can carry on inside the card and it works wonderfully. 



How I adore these wings. They come with separate rose dies, so that they can be built up to add depth. This was another card with a positive message. I used ethereal colours to suit the imagery and sentiments, and positioned the tiny feathers so they were gently floating down the card. 


The beauty of trees never escapes me, and I love this one. I thought this quirky sentiment would suit this design well. This was also a strengthened card front. 




And now for something a little different.. a little vintage, which I love. They can also be used on 8" cards to great effect. I applied 3D glue behind the books and butterfly, to make it stand apart from the musical background. A second butterfly was also stamped and cut and layered on to the books. Can't tell you how much I love the little key and the ivy dies and stamps. The sentiments came form the A4 stamp sheet mentioned earlier. 


Sigh, the mountains... set on to another 8", with the mountains standing away from the card, I was thinking of Canada when I painted this. Sentiments are from new collection, I thought they worked well with this image and the blossom stamp and die too. I added some of the gold powder, mixed with water and pva, to the centre of the flowers. 


I felt so lucky to be able to work with these and inspire people. It really is a beautiful collection that will just keep on giving. 

Crafty hugs

Adele
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment