Monday 30 October 2017

New Pastures with Sheena's Sketchy stamps

Hello peeps!

Back in September Sheena launched a collection of new stamps to add to her Sketchy range. These are wonderful scenic views with flowers and a butterfly to help decorate your scenes. I had so much fun working on these and I know the team loved them too. All the stamps really do work so well together.

For this card I combined much of the new range. There are amazing sentiments with this set too, really positive and uplifting.


Sigh... I do adore bluebells and luckily have a bluebell wood, not too far from me, that I am able to visit to see these blooms. What can you do though if it's not the season? Make your own. For this creation I stamped the flowers several times and then cut into them to have them falling at different angles. 



I designed fancy cards and more simple ones for this launch, to show the different ways you can use them and still get a effective make. Sheena also brought us her new sparkle pens at the same time as these stamps, so we were able to create backgrounds with them as well as colour.







This Meadow Cranesbill flower is great, I went for a vintage, old botanical look with this one.



And finally... I decided I wanted to make a big wall plaque with almost everything in the collection.
It also combined perfectly with some of the stamp images from the Urban and Country set and some of Sheena's word stamps. The aim was to make it look like a board of treasured memories and favourite places. I made the scenes look like old photographs by keeping the colours subtle and then went full on colour with the flowers and butterflies to add contrast. I felt really happy with how it turned out and was so honoured when Sheena said she wanted to demo this on the shows. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€and breathe!..lol.. this one felt like my baby ๐Ÿ˜‰but I knew it was going to a good home.


I've seen some great things made by others with this collection and no doubt will see more. Have fun, why not mix it up with other sets and see what you can do? The possibilities are endless!

Crafty love and hugs
Adele
xx

1 comment:

  1. Your wall plaque is fabulous! I love mixed media.

    ReplyDelete