Monday 10 October 2016

Majestic Stag diorama card with Sheena Douglass

Hello lovely crafters! 

I hope you are all well. It's my turn do to a Sheena inspirational post again. :) I've had this in mind since I saw this die and have been waiting to create this to show you. It seems quite apt now too, after the weekend, as Sheena was on Hochanda with the wonderful Scenic Winter collection. And the good thing about it is, it's not just perfect for Christmas scenes as you will see....

The majestic stag surveys his surroundings, in the beautiful landscape of..... I watch a lot of Attenborough...can you tell? :) 


So, I started by taking some Sheena card and cutting it down, long ways to 15cm on my trimmer. I then scored a panel of 15cm in the centre and either side of that scored seven 1cm panels and then just cut away the little extra that was left. 


I will list the stamps used at the end. :)  Another panel of 15cm by just slightly smaller than 15cm was cut, to accommodate the crease that helps to create the diorama. I stamped on to this the hill scene, used Distress Ink for the sky, Aquablend pencils for the mountains and Aquatints for the grass. I thought some pretty heather on the hills would be nice. I do like to see the heather.  This Ruins stamp is fabulous! One of my favourites, used this quite a bit. Attached the hill scene to the centre as you can see. 


As it was easier and less messy used red tape to stick the castle in the middle of the diorama. 


Cut out and stamped the die and colored trees with DI's and the stag with Aquablend pencils. I cut out an extra frame for strength with the large square die from the Gemini machine. You don't have to do this but I like some extra strength to it. 


Glued it to the back.


Then it was time to attach the stag to the rest of the card, again I used red tape as it's strong (for those of you who have not used it, it's the equivalent of superglue in tape form! A must have!) 



And another angle of the finished card. 


I hope you liked this project and it has inspired you. I enjoyed making this. I think next time though I would also use DI's on the outer sides before I creased it. There are lots more amazing things coming up from Sheena and the team....so watch this space! :)

I have used:

Enjoy the silence stamp set
Castle Ruins stamp
Scenic Winter Christmas Deer die
Scenic Winter Wishes of the Season stamp set

Aquablend pencils
Distress Inks
Aquatints Landscapes.

Adele
x

Ps. Ok, so the gremlin that wouldn't let me add the photos to this blog post initially has now decided to change the font halfway through again, I promise you I didn't touch it...and I can't change it...so apologizes that it looks odd again.. I hope I can find the little tinker and then I can lock it up and throw away the key!

















2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your tutorial Jenny from Sheena's Ink-ettes. xx

    ReplyDelete