Thursday 29 March 2018

Fruit and floral stamps with Sheena Douglass

Hello again,

Here I am, binge blogging! lol  You might want to make a cuppa and put your feet up! 😉😂

Sheena recently launch some gorgeous new sparkle pens. This was her second launch of her own colours, these new collections are called Hot and Spicy and Cool and Calm. So, as you can tell from even the titles, we are talking warm and zesty and then chilled out with blues and greens.

To accompany the new pens, we also had some new stamps to play with and they matched the colours brilliantly. There are juicy fruits and pretty flowers.

For this one I was thinking of Seville, where the oranges hang from the trees, basking in the sun, with the light glinting through them. Sheena said she loved this on Hochanda and she thought it was very retro and reminded her of the fifties. What a lovely compliment. 😊

I stamped the oranges, masked them with Pebeo gum, then did a glycerine and sparkle pen background, with a masked sun. I then faux bleached the rays and coloured the fruit.


You can't have oranges without lemons as the old rhyme says. The background was sponged on with watered down pens and I decoupaged the fruit, adding a slice or too. Gold foil highlights were also applied.


And now for berries, which you can have as raspberries or blackberries, which ever you like. This card was decoupaged too.


As soon as I saw these thistles I knew I wanted to team them with one of Sheena's older stamps. I thought the castle ruins would make a wonderful wild scene to compliment these flowers. Who fancies a walk in the Scottish Highlands?


I love these Chinese lanterns and I thought this would be the another chance to show the contrast between to the two pens sets, and how they compliment each other so well. Again, this was a sponged background, which was first flicked with Pebeo gum to leave white lights. I decoupaged the lanterns and depicted them with a magical glow and I just had to add a fairy from a stamp collection by Donna, she went beautifully with these. 


I had such fun making these! What will you create?

Crafty hugs

Adele
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment