Monday 3 July 2017

Create a flower part 2 by Sheena Douglass

Hello lovely crafters!

I hope you are all well. What a busy time it has been, lots of lovely new collections to work with! It's been amazing and I continue to feel very lucky that I am able to play with such gorgeous stamps and dies and have the chance to inspire people. 😊

So, Sheena previously, successfully launched, some stunning floral dies and stamps and now she has returned to add to the collection. Ooh so much more to play with! This time I was let loose with the leaf and heart shaped dies and matching stamps, I had so much fun playing with these. I'm a big nature lover, so it was easy for me to take my samples in that direction, it came natural to me. I also wanted to show people that you can think outside the box with these too, they are not just for flowers.

You can go big and beautiful with these. I love these heart dies and the colour blue, so this had to be done, I wanted to make a bloom that would stand out.


I thought the heart dies would be perfect for wedding favours or just a special gift for someone and pink would suit the theme well.



For this design I was inspired to go slightly Scandinavian with a touch of sewing. Alex Turchyn, presenter on Hochanda, said that it made her think of the Queen of Hearts and that made me smile as I also thought of Alice and the Queen whilst making this. 


And on to the leaves.... sigh... I do love trees and leaves...and Lord of The Rings and anything Elvish as it happens! Perfect excuse! 😊 I think I have Elvish blood in my veins really...but keep that between us 😉So.... I created this.. I was so pleased when Sheena said she adored it and thought it was beautiful and exquisite. It really meant a lot to me that so many people loved it as I had had so much fun making it. Just need a ball to go too now! 


With this card I went for an autumnal theme as the leaves would depict this well. I also chose an appropriate Sheena sentiment to tie in with the subject. They were arranged so they would gently drift down the card.


The final sample was a wall plaque which depicted the seasons, using the new leaf dies and stamps as a strong base to build this piece. I was able to combine them with several of Sheena's other collections to capture the changes across the year.


I've loved working with the new Create a Flower, so much so, that part of me wanted to keep some of these samples! lol.. but I knew they were going to a good home. 😃

I shall blog about how I made these as soon as I can. I hope you have enjoyed seeing these and feel inspired to have a play yourself. 

T.T.F.N lovely peeps!

Crafty hugs
Adele
x







No comments:

Post a Comment